Last updated: February 15, 2023. To see prior version, click here.
AIR-NISHIKAWA.COM is operated by Trans Cosmos America, Inc. (“TCA”) on behalf of its client, Nishikawa Co. LTD., a Japan corporation (“NISHIKAWA”). NISHIKAWA, the owner of the website, cares how information about you is used and shared, and is dedicated to protecting your privacy and digital life.
This Privacy Notice therefore describes how TCA and NISHIKAWA collect and process your personal information through the AIR-NISHIKAWA.COM website that references this Privacy Notice (the "NISHIKAWA Services"). By using NISHIKAWA Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does NISHIKAWA Collect?
- For What Purposes Does NISHIKAWA Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Does NISHIKAWA Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Advertising?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use NISHIKAWA Services?
- Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosures
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does NISHIKAWA Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to NISHIKAWA Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our NISHIKAWA Services.
• Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of NISHIKAWA Services, including information about your interaction with products, content, and services available through NISHIKAWA Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses NISHIKAWA Services and other content served by or on behalf of NISHIKAWA on other websites Click here to see examples of what we collect.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does NISHIKAWA Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
• Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve NISHIKAWA Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the NISHIKAWA Services.
• Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with NISHIKAWA Services.
• Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
• Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to NISHIKAWA Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
• Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, NISHIKAWA, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does NISHIKAWA Share Your Personal Information?
We are dedicated to building a great company, with products and services that enrich and improve the lives of our customers. We are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Transactions involving Third Parties: Where needed for the operation of the website, to enhance the customer experience, or to offer complimentary services, we may make available to you services provided by third parties for use on or through NISHIKAWA Services. For example, we may offer extended product warranties through third parties that give you assurance that the products you purchase from us will be protected beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Protection of NISHIKAWA and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of NISHIKAWA, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We set out to design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
• We review and select ecommerce platform partners that follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
• We maintain electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your NISHIKAWA account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
• Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: NISHIKAWA Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising and to adjust your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising Preferences page.
• Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant NISHIKAWA ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie, a device identifier, or a code derived from applying irreversible cryptography to other information like an email address. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by going to the Advertising Preferences page.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website. Click here for a list of examples that you can access.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Your account with us may also include preferences or settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
• As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the NISHIKAWA Services.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access?. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use NISHIKAWA Services?
NISHIKAWA does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use NISHIKAWA Services only with the approval and supervision of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosures
Click here to read additional state-specific privacy disclosures as required under applicable laws.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use NISHIKAWA Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at NISHIKAWA, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use NISHIKAWA Services
You provide information to us when you:
• search or shop for products or services in our store;
• add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use NISHIKAWA Services;
• provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
• communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
• complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
• provide and rate reviews;
• employ alerts such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
• identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
• payment information;
• your age;
• your location information;
• your IP address;
• content of reviews and emails to us;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
• the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
• login, email address, and password;
• the location of your device or computer;
• the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
• updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
• credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through NISHIKAWA Services include:
• status of recent orders
• your complete order history;
• personally identifiable information (including name, email, password);
• payment settings (including payment card information);
• email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
How to Contact Us
You may write to us at:AIR-NISHIKAWA.COM
Attn: Privacy Notice Inquiry
879 West 190th Street, Suite 410
Gardena, CA 90248