A Guide to Buying Mattresses and Pillows as a Christmas Gift
The Christmas season is fast approaching, and countless people are looking for different thoughtful gifts they can give for the year-end celebrations. Giving gifts has been a great way to show love and appreciation for many decades, especially if the giver carefully considers the recipient's interests and needs.
While there are countless thoughtful gifts to choose from, some of the most considerate gifts you can give your family or friends are mattresses and pillows. These products might not be the first to come to mind when thinking about Christmas gifts. Still, they can be the best possible gift for many individuals, especially those suffering from different sleeping problems.
But since mattresses and pillows can significantly affect one's sleeping experience, it is vital to consider several factors so your gift won't go to waste. Knowing how to pick a new mattress and pillow for the gift recipient can be a game changer, allowing them to select products that can deliver optimal sleeping experiences.
Picking a New Mattress
Mattresses play a massive role in getting a good night's sleep by helping provide a conducive sleeping environment. Several factors must be carefully considered to ensure you'll pick a mattress that suits the recipient's needs.
- Sleeping Preferences: Every person has their preferred sleeping position, which affects the mattress that will help them get restorative sleep. Considering your recipient's desired sleeping position can significantly help when comparing the mattress' firmness, ensuring that the bed can provide the proper support based on their preferred sleeping position.
- Body Weight: Another crucial thing to note when looking for new mattresses is the receiver's body weight. Different body weights require varying degrees of mattress firmness, mitigating discomfort throughout the night. For instance, it is recommended for heavier sleepers to go for firmer mattresses that won't make them sink in while sleeping.
- Allergies: It is vital to consider someone's allergies when gifting a new mattress, as certain materials used in beds can alleviate allergy symptoms over time. Some mattresses might quickly collect allergens, such as dust mites, pet dander, and mold.
- Motion Isolation: If the gift recipient shares a bed with their partners or other family members, giving them a mattress with motion isolation features can be invaluable. This would help reduce disturbances from frequent moving that might make it hard for other people using the bed to stay asleep at night.
Picking a Pillow
Similar to mattresses, pillows can also be a caring gift you can give to others. Giving your loved one new pillows can significantly help improve their sleep, allowing them to relax and fall into slumber quickly. There are also several factors to consider when gifting pillows this Christmas, including:
- Sleeping Positions: It is vital to note the receiver's usual sleeping positions to understand what type of pillow firmness they need. Depending on which side the individual sleeps on, the neck experiences different stress levels, which means it will need the proper support from different pillow firmness.
- Filling: The filling inside the pillow is another crucial factor to consider when choosing a pillow to give as a gift. Each type of filling has unique capabilities that affect one's sleep, with some giving customized support and some providing durability.
- Pillow Loft: Pillows come in different heights, and it is essential to consider this when gifting a pillow to someone. Low pillows usually come at three inches or less in thickness; mid-loft pillows are made between 3-5 inches, while high cushions typically come at a height of five inches or more. This can significantly affect how someone sleeps, so it is vital to know the preferred pillow height of the gift recipient.
If you want to splurge on a Christmas gift for your dearest family member or friend, giving them a new mattress or pillow is enticing. This would allow you to show your care for the recipient's overall well-being.
And to find the perfect mattress and pillow that would fit the recipient's specific needs, it is crucial to consider several factors before finalizing the purchase. This ensures that you will avoid wasting money and that they can use your Christmas gift for a long time.
Purchasing mattresses and pillows from reputable brands like AiR by Nishikawa guarantees you'll get high-quality products for your friends and family. We utilize our AiR sleep technology to give our clients products that enable them to have a restful sleep and be ready for the day.
Ready to Have the Best Mattress and Pillow You Can Give as a Gift?
The Nishikawa air mattress and pillow are built to provide optimal comfort for a more restful sleeping environment. If you are interested in our products, visit our physical store at 395 Santa Monica Pl, Santa Monica, CA 90401. Here, you can experience various AiR products and see what fits your needs best. We can help you measure the pressure balance applied to your body when sitting and sleeping and recommend the best mattress for insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
If you have further inquiries, connect with us by visiting www.air-nishikawa.com/pages/contact-us or calling (424) 278-0300.